Well, Kyle's Birthday was Dec. 17th. The kid was excited for weeks. Finally the day arrived. I had forgotten the night before to put up streamers and write on the bathroom mirror. He woke up super early and was in tears that I didn't have the streamers up. I told him to go back to bed for 5 min. while I quickly did our special birthday traditions. When he got up and saw the streamers and the "Happy Birthday Kyle" written on the bathroom mirror he was a happy guy. We opened presents first thing in the morning, cause he just couldn't wait. He got a package from Gran and Gramp's (Darren's mom and dad) and from Grandma Rita and Opa. (my mom and dad)
.

 |
| I got Kyle this cool BYU football jersey shirt. He really wanted one with Taysom Hill's name and number on it. But they didn't have one. So I bought a plain one and had one on my friends cut out the name and number onto iron-on fabric on her computer. It turned out great and I think it ended up being his favorite present. I think he has worn it every day since then. |
Kyle is such a sweet addition to our family. He is easy going and sometimes I hardly notice if he's around. He can get along with almost anyone, and is extremely smart. I call him my Mini Moroni because he is so obedient. Very rarely do I have to ask him more than once to do something. He is so good with Gabe. He, Gabe and Darren and like the 3 Amigos. They are all cut from the same cloth. I can't believe it's been about 10 years since he came to me in a dream. He put his little hands on my cheeks and said, "Mommy, what are you waiting for? I want to come be with our family!" I sat straight up in bed, woke Darren up, and told him we needed to have another baby. We were going through a rough time then, and having a baby was the last thing on my mind. But I loved that spirit that came to me with a passion. I felt his greatness. The thing that stood out the most was how sweet he was, in fact I thought he must be a girl because of how sensitive and sweet his spirit was. I love you Kyle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment