![]() |
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Painting a Chair
Here are some pictures of a chair I got in Naples and just redid. I would love to have just spray painted this chair- but couldn't get the color I wanted. So when I saw the perfect coral color in chalk paint I decided o give it a try. I haven't ever used chalk/milk paint before and I am still undecided on whether I liked it or not. It was hard to paint with- it was very thick and has a lot of texture so all the paint brush lines would show up. I tried adding some water and that helped. It was a pain to get in all the cracks- as you can see it wasn't the simplest chair to paint. I felt like it took a lot longer than just spray painting- or latex paint. And I had to do 2 coats- even though they say you only need one coat with chalk paint. So as I was painting it I was very frustrated and swore to never use it again. However, I really like the way it turned out, so that's why I am undecided. Below are pictures, before, during, and after!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteOooo, I love it! It looks great! What a fun chair!
ReplyDelete