Monday, October 27, 2014

A Few Days of Paradise

My mom came to visit a couple of weeks ago, and we had a BLAST. Do you know what we did the whole week she was here? Projects! And we loved it! We sewed curtains, pillows, cushions, painted furniture, took down wallpaper, sewed more curtains, shopped a little, and went out to breakfast.  We stayed up late and slept in. It was so fun to have her come for a whole week! If you don't know my mom, she is a shining example of someone who is kind, unselfish, fun, and Christlike.  She worked harder at my house than I did.  She cared every bit as much about decorating my house and she would about her own. I am so thankful for her example to me. 
We put 12 paint samples on the wall. We are going with the top right one. Timid Blue from Sherwin Williams.  I can't wait!
My mom organized my art area, and folded all my fabric to display.
We just moved my office downstairs to the old dining room- which was just a waste of space.  Now we have another bedroom upstairs- which is so nice!
My office/art room.  Still in the process, but getting there.
This was where the magic happened.  There is my mom in the back busy at the sewing machine.  That was where she stayed pretty much the whole week.  See those curtains behind her? She made them. Yup. Awesome.
This may seem messy- but there is actually a lot of good projects going on here.
We moved our TV room into the front room. Someday this is going to be the "before" picture. I have lots of plans!
This is standing at our front door.
Trying to decide what color to paint my Master bedroom. I still haven't decided. I'm not sure if any of them are what I'm looking for. The top right blue was the color in my Tennessee master bedroom, and it was so pretty. Any thoughts?


Look at these fun fabrics! It makes me happy every time I look at them.

Look how cute my mom is!!! I just love her so much!!! We had a great time. I don't think we went to bed before 1 am the entire time she was here. LOL
Athena braved the drive from Portland with her 2 kids to come help.  Here she is taking down wallpaper.  It was so fun to have her here to visit with her and my mom. What is better than visiting with your sister and mom while simultaneously having them BOTH doing projects for you?  Nothing!!! Hahahaha! I loved it!! Thanks for coming Athena!
Some more fun curtains my mom sewed.
Some shelves in my master bedroom.  This is just thrown together.  I am going to use most of this stuff down in our front room after we build an awesome entertainment center.
Thanks mom for coming. You are the best.  I love you forever!


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more pictures! I love all the projects you DeBry women get done. You can do anything! And your mom really is the best. I was thinking, you could totally teach a class like the one my friends and I took. It cost $35 and they supplied all the paint and canvas. I wonder if you could use your "Paul skills" and set up something like that for women in your area, or for birthday parties, etc. That might be right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!! I love what you have done. How fun to have your Mom come. She is such a fun person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun to come! It was so therapeutic to have time with you and Mom. I'll take down wallpaper for you anyday :)

    ReplyDelete