Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cross Country

Paul joined the Cross Country team this year.  We were a little apprehensive if he would like it or not.  I pretty much told him he didn't have a choice, so he should make the best of it.  He has loved it! It is every day after school from 3:30-5, and track meets once a week.  They usually run 2-4 miles.  I am so happy that he has really enjoyed it.  He loves his coach, a girl that is a thin as a stick, and looks 17.  But I guess she is 27?! She is so nice and has made the year great for the team.  He has also loved his team mates and had a great time with them.  I am so proud of him for sticking with it. 

Go Paul!!  Hermiston Track Meet.  2 Miles.

You can do it Buddy!  Paul is usually in the middle of all the kids.  I tell him it doesn't matter what place he gets- what matters is how hard he pushes himself.  I tell him if he feels like he is going to throw up then he ran hard enough, and that's all that matters.  What a fun sport!
Look at this smile! He always feels so good after a race.  And of course I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment