Sunday, October 26, 2014

Church With a 2 Year Old

Most of the time Gabe acts as if someone let him drink a cup of coffee for breakfast.  The toddler is insane, INSANE I say!!  Last week in Sacrament meeting is one of many occurrences with that kid.  We were sitting in the middle pew, 3rd rode back from the front.  The Sacrament prayer had just been said, and the Deacons were getting the bread from the table.  Gabe was playing on the ground by me, when suddenly he crawled under the seat to the pew in front of me, he stood up looked around and then bent back down.  I thought he was going to crawl back to me- instead, he crawled to the front and stood up in front of the very front bench.  He looked at Darren and me, laughed and started out running right towards all the Deacons who just got the bread.  Darren jumped up and ran around the entire front of the meeting chasing Gabe who was squealing with laughter. The entire congregation was watching at this point. The Deacons just stood still and watched the crazy baby and dad running right at them.  Gabe rounded the corner and started down one of the side aisles when Darren finally caught up to him and grabbed him.   Darren scooped him up and started carrying him down the side, trying to exit as quick as possible when Gabe started screaming, "I have to go pooooooo!!  I HAVE TO GO POOOOOOO! I HAVE TO GO POOOOOO!!"  I was watching this whole thing with eyes the size of silver dollars.  This whole incident was very exciting for the whole congregation. I heard some people who just couldn't hold back the chuckles.   I couldn't help but think about the recent talk in General Conference about how we need to be more reverent during the sacrament.  When I don't have any more toddlers, I will definitely start working on that. For now, well, I'm just grateful if I 'm in the room.

1 comment: