Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ellie turns 11

Ellie turned 11 on August 13th.  We had a small family party- and just recently had a big friend Harry Potter party for her.  I'll post pictures of that later.
Ellie is the sweet girl in our family of 3 boys.  She prays fervently every night that I can have a baby, and it will be a girl. No, I'm not pregnant, but yes, we are hoping that I will be soon.
  Ellie is a lot like me in grandma in a way.  We are all very nice- but don't make us mad.  We are not ones to be pushed around.  I always tell people, "She is as sweet as a strawberry, but don't make her mad!" It's not that she gets mad easy, in fact, it's unkindness that makes her the maddest.  When we first moved here there was a boy in her class the other kids were not being nice to.  Everyone was mean to Kevin. On one of Ellies' first days here when she didn't even know anyone she noticed some kids being mean to Kevin.  She went over to him and fiercely told the other kids to stop being mean to him. Then she told Kevin to ignore them.  The teacher overheard the whole thing and told me how proud she was of Ellie.  She said none of the other kids in the whole class had ever stood up for him.  I was so proud of Ellie and her fearless attitude of always doing what is right.  Ellie has always been like that.  She is always the peacemaker.  
Birthday morning- opening presents
Ellie wanted crepes with strawberries and whipping cream for breakfast- so that's what she got:)
Then we went out to lunch at a fun place called Bellingers.  She was still to full from breakfast to eat much!
Then of coarse, she got to make and decorate her own birthday cake.  I think it turned out so perfect- it's just her style!

Kyle wrote this cute message on the mirror for her.  We all love Ellie(Sissy, Smurf, Chunga, Muffin)!

No comments:

Post a Comment