I love Christmas. It is magical. I put my decorations up as soon as possible, and take them down as late as possible. Everything about Christmas is a celebrations of Christ. The lights, the presents, the stars, trees, candy canes. It's as if the whole world is saying, "I am celebrating the birth of Christ!" Christmas Eve was wonderful, and after the kids went to bed Santa came. I love to turn out all the lights, put on some Christmas music and just look at the Christmas tree.


 |
| I think the most exciting gift was the 2 baby Chameleons Paul got. They are coolest pets we have ever had. Those things are amazing. Their eyes move around without their heads moving, they change colors, and their tongues are twice as long as their bodies! Paul had asked for some sort of reptile, and knew he was getting something because I made him clean out his fish tank to get it ready. The kids were going crazy trying to guess what he was getting. He asked for a Bearded Dragon or Gecko. I looked on Craigslist and found these awesome chameleons. Usually they are about $100 dollars each. But this lady had a pair of chameleons, and the females laid eggs, and she ended up with 53 baby chameleons! So I got 2 for $70! I had to drive 45 min. to get them- but it was worth it. A couple days before Christmas, the kids were talking and Paul said if he could have anything said he would get 2 Chameleons, but knew how expensive they are so he didn't even ask. Let me tell you, that made me sooo excited and happy for Christmas morning. The kids were freaking out. They are so cute, fun, fascinating, etc.! |


 |
| I guess this is the only downside to the chameleons, they eat meal-worms and I have to store them in the fridge. True story- We put the container of 500 meal-worms on the table to feed the chameleons, and Paul knocked it over! It spilled all over the carpet! Worms were disappearing into the carpet while I screamed for Paul to pick them up! It was disgusting!!! He was grossed out so he was picking them up in slow motion while I watched more meal worms continue to disappear into the carpet. Ughhhh. After he picked up all we could see we vacuumed it up. Then I put a box over the spot. I knew they would come to the surface when it's dark, so I would perioudically lift it up really fast and grab squiggling meal-worms. I think I got another 9 worms throughout Christmas day. Merry Christmas me! |
 |
| Kyle's had asked for 2 things, a slinky and a yo-yo. He got a slinky for his birthday and he got a yo-yo for Christmas. But he was most excited about these awesome football gloves Santa brought him. They fit him perfect. Santa always knows exactly what kids what. Even when they don't rally know themselves. Kyle also got a punching bag that goes on his door and a hot wheels set. And some other misc. stuff. |
 |
| Gabe got this awesome train set that he loves. It's a lot of fun. He got a shopping cart and all sorts of other fun toddler toys. |
 |
| This is how we all felt Christmas day! Overcome with joy and swimming in a sea of toys, treats, and wrapping paper! |
 |
| Darren got me this cool electric heater with a fake fireplace. He gave it to me Chrismas Eve so we could have it for our party. We don't have a real fireplace so this had to do. We all loved it. It's looks good and produces heat so it's fun to sit in front of. It's a lot better than the fire on the TV that we put on last year! We are moving up in the world. Next house it will be the real thing! |
 |
| Gabe got new pajamas, and a play dough set. And I got a new camera lens that I took the following pictures with. Oh, I also got an awesome down jacket that I will have to put some pictures up of later. |
 |
| The kids got an Xbox 360. That was a ton of fun to play all day all vacation. What's better than laying around all day in your pjs playing video games and eating treats? Nothing! |
 |
| Gabe and his new shopping cart that he loves to put stuff in and push around. He also got these cute books. |
Ok Gabe, look at me and smile!
 |
| Yeah! Finally! |
 |
| That night I made a turkey and we had some friends over. Debbie brought these fun Christmas treats. |
I was so happy and grateful this Christmas. I felt full to the brim with joy and gratitude. It seems as if every year it is the best Christmas ever- but I guess each one can be the best- because it just gets better and better each year. It really was, The Best Christmas Ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment