![]() |
Monday, January 5, 2015
Ugly Sweater
With the hustle and bustle of all the Holiday happenings the Middle school thought it would be fun to add something else- an Ugly Sweater contest...on the same day Ellie's big science project was due! Darren took Ellie and Paul to Goodwill to find ugly sweaters. They couldn't find anything. So I told him to just buy plain sweaters and I could make them ugly. They both came home with plain red sweaters. Paul put ribbon in a crazy way all over his sweater. I stayed up till 1 making this ugly felt reindeer for Ellie's sweater. The reindeer looks dumb, right?? Well they were both so excited, certain they would each win the contest in their own grade. They did it at lunch on the stage and let the kids choose the winner. Whoever get the crowd cheering the loudest wins. You know how that works- right? Well, Ellie's grade had so many kids with ugly sweaters that each homeroom teacher chose 3 kids from their class to go up on stage. Ellie did not get chosen. Her teacher said her sweater was cute, not ugly. Ellie was furious!! She came home steaming mad. Well, in Paul's grade, he was the only person who was searing an ugly sweater. I guess that means sometime between 6th and 7th grade kids become too cool for ugly sweaters. I'm glad Paul wasn't too cool cause he came home with a winners bag full of Christmas goodies! If Ellie tries again next year at least she will have a much better chance of winning.
Oh, and Gabe thought these giant candy canes might taste good so he kept licking them. Smart kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment