Sunday, January 17, 2016

Cooke City Family Reunion

My family heritage originates from two places: Holland and Montana.  Funny I know, but my Montana roots run deep.  I love that place. It might be my favorite place on earth.  This year in Cooke city it was the Jackson Family reunion.  Grampa Jackson is my Great grandpa that bought 160 acres just outside of Cooke City when it was a mining town.  He bought it for his cattle.  Or dairy cows, I can't remeber.  They might even be the same thing.  The property has remained in the family.  They had 13 children, so the family is quite extensive by now.  This year was the family reunion.  I usually try to avoid family reunions, but my mom was in charge of the games this year- so I wanted to come and support her.  Then, right before the reunion I saw a post on Facebook that my uncle Ron posted of him and his kids and grand kids doing all sorts of fun things to get ready for the reunion.  They were going to so much work getting the panning for gold ready- and it looked so fun!  I decided I would go to as much of it as possible, and I am so glad I did!  It ended up being so.much.fun!!!

Saturday was a day full of games.  Scott Leckie's family came up with this rocket launcher that everyone loved! Especially Gabe- he did it over, and over, and over again.



 My mom was in charge of games- and did a great job of course. They were so much fun!






This is Adaline Harkness, my sister Laura's little girl.  She is too cute!






 This is my uncle Ron.  He and his family went to so much work with this panning for gold activity.  It was so much fun! We went in smaller groups on a journey through time to pan for gold.  His kids and grand-kids got into it.  They dressed up and acted the part of a bunch of prospectors.  We all got a little necklace with the gold we got from panning.  They also painted our fingernails with gold flecks.  So cute and creative!























No comments:

Post a Comment