Have I told you how much I wish I could stop time? It seems to go too fast- each day is a blur with a thousand things to do and only enough time to do 20. Sometimes it seems unfair- to be given so much to do and such a limited amount of time. As a mother with a newborn baby it seems particularly unfair. To have such a beautiful little baby that I just want to hold all day and soak him in. And yet I have a household of 7 to run at the same time. I know he will grow up so fast- I can almost see him growing right before my eyes- but I have dinner to make, laundry to do, carpooling to run, rooms to vacuum, dishes to do, pets to feed, exercising to do, people to talk to, all while my baby grows up. It almost seems cruel, to give a mother a new precious baby that she loves with all her soul and being, and then say- Oh, and do a thousand other thing while you try and raise your baby, and 4 other children. And pay enough attention to your husband at the same time. Maybe I'm feeling overwhelmed, maybe it's life. I think it's a little of both.
On a good note- I took my kids to the dentist this week and we had 1 cavity between the 5 of us. (It might be because Gabe just had a bunch of cavities filled in his mouth and there is no surface area on his teeth left to get cavities.) But I'll chalk it up to good parenting. And the nurses and office staff at the dentist were so impressed with my kids. They were telling me what great kids I have. I know- I have great kids- but I still love to hear it! The were all really being so good helping hold Luke and play with Gabe while I got my teeth cleaned. Thanks kids, I love you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment