Monday, January 25, 2016

Lovin Cooke

Boy I'm starting to get the itching to go to the cabin looking at all these pictures!   I LOVE this picture of Darren and Gabe that Erica took.  I think it's just so beautiful with the cabin and the mountains in the background, and the flowers in the front.

 BB Guns- one of the kids favorite activities.  Or eating rocks if your a baby like baby Chase.



 Here they come!! Horseback riding is another favorite activity.  I was pregnant and Darren hates horses so my kids went with uncle Mike as their adult.  I think they had some horses act up and ended up with some scared kids.  I had to laugh- they ain't seen nothing!  I have seen some pretty scary things with horses.  Maybe someday I'll blog about them.






 This is Erica's husband- Mike.  He's a pilot.  I am pretty sure the horses were Mike's favorite activity. He had so much fun! And wow- that horse is beautiful.  Mike loved the horses so much I think he went riding twice.  I think next year we will have to do a camp out with the horses.  He would love that.

Anytime Darren went missing I could pretty much count on him being outside chopping up wood.  He loves it.  He loves to cut down the tree, saw it up, then chop it up and pile it neatly by the cabin.  He loves to get the kids involved and helping.  Falling a tree is always so much fun.  Then getting wood for the winter is too.  Chopping up wood just feels good- like gardening.  It's such a simple fulfilling task.  It's like it's what we were made to do.  It just feels natural.


 Gabe looked so sweet asleep on the couch from so much playing.  I just had to snap a couple of pictures.  Nicole brought up some paints that the kids had so much fun with.  They painted everyday!





















 What's funner and more simple than playing in a stream with a net when your a kid? Nothing.  I love the simplicity of life at the cabin.  More please.

No comments:

Post a Comment